How to Beat Bad Breath
Bad breath is something that most everyone deals with from time to time. However, there are some people that find their bad breath is much more awful when compared to those whom they are around constantly. What makes bad breath worse for some more than others? It usually is a sign that there are dental issues present, and that they may not be getting the care needed. Your dentistry in Keller TX, Esthetique Dental, wants you to know the causes and effects of bad break so that you may better prevent it.
Causes of Bad Breath
The causes of bad breath are numerous. Through knowing the causes, you can start to find remedies for correcting this. These causes include:
- Odors from food that has been eaten
- Poor oral hygiene
- Gum disease
- Tooth decay
- Dry mouth
- Having a sinus infection or postnasal drip
- Acid reflux
- Poorly fitting dental appliances
Tips for Getting Rid of Bad Breath
The good news is that you can take a few steps to get rid of bad breath. With the help of your dentist, you can isolate what the issue may be to start treatment. Meanwhile, here are a few tips to get you started on your route to being rid of bad breath:
- Be sure to have a routine when it comes to teeth care. Always brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once per day.
- Always go to your twice yearly dental checkups to prevent issues before they become major
- Drink water as this can help to rid bacteria between teeth when you cannot brush your teeth
- Chewing sugarless gum can help in generating more saliva which helps to get rid of bacteria in between the teeth that often are the cause of bad breath
- Try to avoid alcohol or intake only small amounts as this can lead to severely bad breath
If you are suffering with bad breath and find that these tips only downgrade the issue, then a visit to your dentist in Keller TX is warranted. Dr. Patel can go offer your regular routine, and then see what types of treatment are available to work with your specific issues.