Dental exams are a crucial ingredient to your oral health routine and can allow you to keep healthy teeth and gums for years to come. By making and maintaining your dental exams, you can also avoid costly surgeries and procedures later on in life. Two checkups each year are recommended for patients of all ages. In some cases, additional appointments may be needed.
How it's done
One of your family dentists in Keller TX will first examine your mouth visually, using dental equipment such as mouth mirrors, assorted dental tools, and high-intensity lights. Dr. Darshan Patel will be looking for cracked or decaying teeth. Your Keller, TX family dentist will also review:
· Medical history review: Your Keller, TX Family Dentist will assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health.
· Examination of tooth decay: Your mouth will be checked for cracked or decayed teeth.
· Oral cancer screening: The face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer.
· Gum disease evaluation: Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease.
· Examination of existing restorations: Current fillings, crowns, and other restorations will be examined for any signs of damage.
Our Esthetique Dental team will also take a set of diagnostic x-rays to reveal any problems that cannot be seen by the eye alone, such as issues beneath the gum line. Bitewing x-rays are typically taken every 12 months and a panographic x-ray, which revolves around the head, is taken every 3-5 years.