Tips On How To Floss From Your Keller, TX Dentist
Your Keller TX dentist, Dr. Darshan Patel, knows that most patients aren’t flossing correctly; or aren’t flossing at all! Proper flossing removes plaque, bacteria, and food particles from places your toothbrush just can’t reach! Even the best brusher can still miss a spot! Check out these flossing tips to learn proper technique!
- Use 18 inches of floss, and wind most of the floss around your middle fingers – leaving about 2 inches to work with.
- Slide the floss gently up and down between your teeh.
- Curve the floss around the base of the tooth in a ‘C’ or ‘Moon’ shape, making sure to go beneath the gum line.
- Never force the floss down directly into the gums, as that can cause damage to your gum tissue.
- Use a new section of floss between each tooth to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Never ‘pull’ the floss out; gently rock the floss back and forth to remove.
- Any floss is fine to use, though nylon floss does tend to shred or tear. Either type of floss is effective, as long as you are flossing!
Schedule an appointment to stop in to learn more tips on how to floss!