Dentist in Keller TX | Keller TX Dentist

Dentist in Keller TX Discusses Importance of Flossing

Your dentist in Keller TX is well aware of the health risks associated with poor oral hygiene, but are you? It is extremely important to take care of your teeth. The health of your mouth affects your overall health.

 

Steps for a healthy mouth:

 

According to your dentist in Keller TX, there are a few things you should be doing to ensure that your oral hygiene is at its’ best. Step one is to floss your teeth at least once a day. Flossing is vital to both your oral health and your overall health. It can help to remove particles and harmful bacteria from between your teeth.

 

 The second step is to brush twice a day, for two minutes each time. Your dentist in Keller TX reminds you to brush in the back of your mouth as well as along the gum line. You should brush your teeth after you floss so that the bristles of the brush can access between your teeth.

 

What happens if you don’t floss?

 

Well, if you don’t floss you may experience some oral issues. You may need to visit your dentist in Keller TX because of cavities and dental decay. Not only will not flossing lead to cavities, but worse, it can result in gum disease.

 

Your mouth will be 65% cleaned by brushing, however, the other 35% requires that you floss. This will help you to avoid plaque and tartar formation. Flossing not only helps to remove particles and bacteria from between your teeth, but it helps to clear particles along your gum line as well.

 

If you leave these particles and do not remove them, you may experience cavities, toothaches, and wearing of the gums. Your teeth and gums may be extra sensitive to hot or cold, and you may eventually experience tooth loss.

 

Your dentist in Keller TX warns that not only is your oral health at risk, but your heat health is as well. People with advanced periodontal or gum disease are two times more likely to develop coronary disease compared to those with healthy gums.

 

Keep your smile intact and your heart healthy and be sure to brush and floss! If you experience any of the signs of gum disease, be sure to contact your dentist in Keller TX as soon as possible Call (817) 741-1240 to schedule an appointment.